Our two day work shop was a huge success! Thanks to all who participated in this informative event. Updates, pictures and videos to come shortly.
What are the Tools of Compliance?
This workshop is about the BMPs! Effective erosion and sediment control is rooted in a fundamental and comprehensive understanding of physical processes and basing the selection of Best Management Practices (BMPs) on those processes. We will learn why now, with the new regulations (the Construction General Permit), more than ever before your BMPs must be “EFFECTIVE”. And how, now, the SWPPP developers, the implementers, the contractors, the regulators, and the inspectors must acquire education and training and then demonstrate that knowledge through certifications. This workshop is intended to de-mystify the BMP selection process, the SWPPP, while learning about the importance of Drainage, Infiltration, Rooting Depth, Grading for Erosion Control, and some Steep Slope applications.
Just a walk away is the Shasta College Erosion Control Training Facility featured in many research studies, articles and often the backdrop for the Dirt Time videos series. This is where we will spend the second day – actually watching and participating in BMP implementation. Ever wanted to spray hydromulch? This is your chance.
- Full Day classroom on Friday with John McCullah and David Franklin as your instructors.
- On Saturday your instruction on BMPs will be out in the field – the Shasta College Erosion Control Training Facility as featured in the Dirt Time Video series.
- There will be a special topic section on road drainage design for low-volume roads, farm and ranch roads, and utility access roads
- Exhibitors will present New Equipment, Products and Materials
- a chance to Co-Mingle with other professionals who are on the quest for more knowledge in the world of erosion and sediment control
- Fully catered Lunch on Friday and Saturday – thanks to Shasta College Culinary Arts
- Coffee and snacks in the morning.
- Understand the physical processes of erosion / sedimentation and accompanying BMPs.
- Know the “four” most effective erosion control practices, the relative costs and how to implement them.
- Feel confident in reviewing and inspecting SWPPPs and BMPs.
- Have the knowledge to effectively implement a erosion and sediment control plan
- understand why some BMPs work and some don’t and are a waste of money – money that can be spent on effective strategies.
- Know how sediment control really works.
- Install a silt fence with a static slicing machine.
- Understand how Skimmer Outlets, Baffles and Flocculants can make sediment basins 90% effective
- How to minimize or eliminate runoff from your site – increase infiltration, decrease discharges, establish vegetation
- Be able to approach your project with the end in sight – getting stabilization and your Notice of Completion